Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Question, Hopefully Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question, Hopefully Help

    My Wife. Yeah, for those of you who are shocked I am Married now. Anyways, she is working at a retail store right now, she has been for about 4 years. Two different one's since she has been working. Her feet kill her and she hardly gets a day off. I was wondering if any of you had any jobs that she could do maybe sitting down for a change (excluding SYKES, GAH!). I've tried everything and she has filled out tons of applications, but still, nothing. If any of you have any suggestions or maybe are working anywhere that needs a office worker, receptionist, ect. I'd be happy to hear it, we've been at this for months.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    Logisticare, Telemed.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member USA Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2008
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Wife. Yeah, for those of you who are shocked I am Married now. Anyways, she is working at a retail store right now, she has been for about 4 years. Two different one's since she has been working. Her feet kill her and she hardly gets a day off. I was wondering if any of you had any jobs that she could do maybe sitting down for a change (excluding SYKES, GAH!). I've tried everything and she has filled out tons of applications, but still, nothing. If any of you have any suggestions or maybe are working anywhere that needs a office worker, receptionist, ect. I'd be happy to hear it, we've been at this for months. </div></div>

    Local High Schools are looking for Subs. THey get paid 70.00 dollars a day for just 7 hours and that includes 1.5 hours as planning and 30 minutes for lunch. She just needs to apply at the Wise County School Board and then it would be wise to go to the Schools and let them know that she is interested. She has to get a background check and a TB test and we pay for that. If she does it at PV I could help her get some days in. Let's say she is active at the Primary, Middle, and the High School she would most definately get no less that 3 days a week maybe more. Just pm me if you are interested and I will help you.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    I want to go on the record by saying that I am not stirring up the pot. If your wife is having problems with her feet because she is on them all the time, she may need to see a podiatrist or at least start wearing more comfortable shoes to work. I know that sounds smartassed, but I promise you it will help. I had a heel spur that gave me problems for a year until I got orthotics. I have worked at my school, in a secondary capacity, as an assistant principal and I wore khakis, a nice shirt, and running shoes. Yes, it looks a little different, but my feet and knees felt fine at the end of the day. I have been a teacher for 15 years and two of the jobs I would never have are school bus driver and substitute teacher. I can promise you more than sore feet with those jobs. I also have arthritis in my knee, so your wife has my sympathies. I hope this advice helps.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member USA Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2008
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 82abn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to go on the record by saying that I am not stirring up the pot. If your wife is having problems with her feet because she is on them all the time, she may need to see a podiatrist or at least start wearing more comfortable shoes to work. I know that sounds smartassed, but I promise you it will help. I had a heel spur that gave me problems for a year until I got orthotics. I have worked at my school, in a secondary capacity, as an assistant principal and I wore khakis, a nice shirt, and running shoes. Yes, it looks a little different, but my feet and knees felt fine at the end of the day. I have been a teacher for 15 years and two of the jobs I would never have are school bus driver and substitute teacher. I can promise you more than sore feet with those jobs. I also have arthritis in my knee, so your wife has my sympathies. I hope this advice helps. </div></div>

    It is not my wife, I was just trying to help. I drive a bus, a very nice bus might I add..lol. It is no different than driving a car, they are automatic now and ride really good. My route only takes aobut 1 hor and 15 minutes, that is including the morning and evening.When one Subs they are not obligated to stand up and teach the class, the teacher leaves assignments and they sit down at the desk in a comfortable chair and hold order in the class and take up the assignments. So I disagree and it is very good pay for what you have to do.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    As a teacher, and knowing how kids are, I wouldn't sub for any amount of money.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    I'm certainly not going to argue with you, but the way you describe subbing leads to a lot of problems with the students. Teaching, in any form or capacity, is not a sit down job.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member USA Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2008
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 82abn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm certainly not going to argue with you, but the way you describe subbing leads to a lot of problems with the students. Teaching, in any form or capacity, is not a sit down job. </div></div>

    YOu are correct. As a Teacher in Wise County it is a policy that Teacher stand in front of the class and teach.It is not a policy that a sub stand up and teach. If the sub has knowledge in the class that they are overseeing then they are free to do so. THE COUNTY UNDERSTANDs THAT THEY ARE NOT CERTIFIED TEACHERS AND ARE NOT EXPECTED TO STAND UP AND TEACH. THE tEACHER LEAVES THEIR LESSON PLANS FOR THE SUB AND IT IS THEIR JOB TO make sure the class completes it. So being a sub teacher and a teacher are 2 different things. (Sorry I typed in caps I did not realize it until now)lol.. what problems do you forsee with how I described it?
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    That quickly lead off topic, haha. Thanks for the help.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question, Hopefully Help

    In a place like this, there isn't a whole lot that you can do without a college education besides working at [censored] jobs like SYKES. You know it, and so does everyone else. She won't find a better job, paying or benefits unless she is willing to drive a little extra everyday.
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •